Day 1 Arrival Day Saturday
You will be met and transferred to your hotel. The day is at leisure to begin exploring. Later, join your fellow travelers and your tour director for a welcome reception.
Day 2 Sunday
We begin with a guided half-day city tour of Madrid. Our drive takes us through the Gran Vía and the Passeo de Castellana, past the Plaza de España, Plaza de Oriente, Plaza Mayor, Puerta del Sol, Atocha Station, the fountain of Neptune, Cibeles fountain, the Bullring, the Santiago Bernabeu soccer stadium, and many more. The afternoon is at leisure.
Day 3 Monday
Madrid and Toledo
We visit Toledo, a city with a wealth of monuments. It is known as the “city of the three cultures” because Christians, Arabs and Jews lived there together for centuries. During our guided tour we visit the Santo Tome Church and the Synagogue of Santa María. From Toledo, we return to Madrid where the afternoon is at leisure.
Day 4 Tuesday
After breakfast, we continue our journey towards Bilbao. On the way, we stop in Burgos. Upon arrival S/S of Burgos with local guide including visit of the Cathedral. There is time for lunch on your own. From there, we continue to Bilbao where we have a tasting of local tapas called pintxos.
(Breakfast & Dinner)
Day 5 Wednesday
On our visit to Bilbao, we see the vibrant old town with many shops, squares, and typical Basque tavernas. We enter the Guggenheim Museum, an architectural masterpiece designed by Frank Gehry. The collection includes large-scale and site-specific art by such contemporary artists as Jeff Koons and Willem de Kooning. The remainder of the day is free.
Day 6 Thursday
After breakfast, we depart for San Sebastian. En route, we visit Getaria, a charming Basque coastal village. Upon arrival in San Sebastian, we see the Maria Cristina Hotel. It is here, at the Kursaal, that the film festival takes place. We also see La Concha beach, a crescent-shaped urban seaboard. In the afternoon we arrive in Pamplona. Dinner is served later that night.
(Breakfast & Dinner)
Day 7 Friday
After breakfast, we have a half-day guided sightseeing tour of Pamplona featuring the Ciudadela, the City Walls, parks, and gardens. We will hear about the ‘Running of the Bulls’ race, part of the San Fermin festival. From Pamplona, we continue to Zaragoza for lunch on your own. Later that afternoon, we arrive in Barcelona and the rest of the day is at leisure.
Day 8 Saturday
Our guided half-day sightseeing tour includes Barcelona’s most important artistic sights: Gaudi’s Batlló, Casa Milá, the Cathedral Sagrada Familia, and Guell Park, declared an artistic monument and mankind’s heritage by UNESCO. In the afternoon you are free to explore more on your own. In the evening join your fellow travelers and your tour director for the farewell dinner.
(Breakfast & Dinner)
Day 9 Sunday
Transfer to Barcelona airport after breakfast.
End of Services.
Choose your preferred dates and book your trip todayBOOK NOW
Dates & Rates
|Departure date||Start Date||End Date||Starting At||Double Occupancy||Single Price||Child Price||Book|
|7 Jul 2023||8 Jul 2023||16 Jul 2023||$2,775||$3,810||$2,775||BOOK BOOK NOW|
|22 Sep 2023||23 Sep 2023||1 Oct 2023||$2,775||$3,810||$2,775||BOOK BOOK NOW|
|27 Oct 2023||28 Oct 2023||5 Nov 2023||$2,695||$3,730||$2,695||BOOK BOOK NOW|
* All prices in USD
- Arrival transfer from Madrid airport to the hotel by IBMT representative
- First class hotels
- Luggage handling at the hotels
- Breakfast daily
- Welcome reception in Madrid (heavy hors d’oeuvres, a glass of wine, beer, or soft drink)
- Tasting of local tapas called “pintxos” in Bilbao
- Dinner in Pamplona Compostela (coffee or tea included)
- Farewell dinner in Barcelona (coffee or tea included)
- Hotel taxes and service charges
- Touring by modern air-conditioned motor-coach
- Professional English-speaking tour director
- Sightseeing tours with licensed local guides
- Admission included where indicated in bold letters
- Whisper technology enhanced touring
- Departure transfer from hotel to Barcelona airport
- Madrid: grand open squares, late dinners
- Toledo, crafts, marzipan, captivating monuments
- Sandstone architecture, prolific university, and the Plaza Mayor in Salamanca
- Pamplona, legendary "Running of the Bulls" festival, gothic style churches
- Barcelona, fantastical Sagrada Familia, modernist landmarks by Gaudi
- Madrid: Catalonia Goya (F) or similar
- Bilbao: Catalonia Gran Via Bilbao (F) or similar
- Pamplona: Maisonnave (F) or similar
- Barcelona: Catalonia Gracia (F) or similar