8 Days from Venice to Florence and Rome
Day 1 Arrival Day Sunday
Arrive to Venice
Arriving at Venice’s airport, you will be met and transferred to your hotel. The rest of the day is at leisure until you gather for a Welcome Dinner with your Tour Director and traveling companions.
Day 2 Monday
We begin exploring Venice with a boat ride to Murano Island, famous for its artistic glassware. Visit a glassblowing factory, where you will watch a demonstration of traditional Venetian glassblowing by master craftsmen. Then, on to St. Mark’s Square, for the walking tour, visiting St. Mark’s Basilica and the Doge’s Palace, and enjoying views of the Bell Tower and Bridge of Sighs. The balance of the day is at leisure to enjoy Venice at your own pace, shop, or join an optional gondola ride.
Day 3 Tuesday
Venice to Ferrara, Pisa and Florence
Drive to Ferrara, a Renaissance gem in the Emilia-Romagna region, standing on the banks of the Po River. After an orientation tour, continue to Pisa where you’ll view the famous Piazza del Miracoli with its Leaning Tower, Baptistery, and Duomo. Then on to Florence for dinner and a free evening.
Day 4 Wednesday
This morning begins with a city tour of the majestic Piazza del Duomo to see the Cathedral crowned by Brunelleschi’s awe-inspiring Dome, Giotto’s Bell Tower, and the Baptistery with Ghiberti’s splendid bronze “Gates of Paradise.” Then, visit the Academy of Fine Arts, where Michelangelo’s David is displayed. The tour ends at the Piazzale Michelangelo with a spectacular view over Florence. The remainder of the day is yours to savor the Renaissance splendor of the Tuscan capital your own way
Day 5 Thursday
Florence to Assisi and Rome
Travel through the stunning panorama of Tuscany with its iconic landscapes as you make your way to Assisi, the hometown of St. Francis. Take a walking tour to see the main square and visit the impressive Basilica of St. Francis. Continue to Rome for dinner and an evening at leisure
Day 6 Friday
A full-day sightseeing tour shows you all the highlights of the incomparable Eternal City. Visit the Vatican Museums with moving Sistine Chapel and grand St. Peter’s Basilica. Then on to visit the Coliseum, ancient Palatine Hill overlooking Circus Maximus and the Imperial Palace, and the Roman Forum.
(Breakfast & Lunch)
Day 7 Saturday
Your day is free in spectacular Rome! Your Tour Director will have suggestions on how to spend your time. You might want to visit some of the chic shops, galleries, and museums; do some more sightseeing on your own or relax in a sidewalk cafe with a glass of fine Italian wine, a cold Limoncello, some refreshing gelato, or a hearty dish of pasta. Tonight, a festive farewell dinner with your fellow travelers is the perfect way to celebrate your glimpse of Italy.
Day 8 Sunday
One last breakfast in Italy before you are transferred to Rome’s airport. Your homebound flight arrives the same day.
Choose your preferred dates and book your trip todayBOOK NOW
Dates & Rates
|Departure date||Start Date||End Date||Starting At||Double Occupancy||Single Price||Child Price||Book|
|20 May 2023||21 May 2023||28 May 2023||$3,345||$3,985||$3,345||BOOKBOOK THIS TOUR|
|01 Jul 2023||02 Jul 2023||09 Jul 2023||$2,890||$3,530||$2,890||BOOKBOOK THIS TOUR|
|19 Aug 2023||20 Aug 2023||27 Aug 2023||$2,790||$3,430||$2,790||BOOKBOOK THIS TOUR|
|30 Sep 2023||01 Oct 2023||08 Oct 2023||$3,348||$3,988||$3,348||BOOKBOOK THIS TOUR|
|14 Oct 2023||15 Oct 2023||22 Oct 2023||$3,345||$3,985||$3,345||BOOKBOOK THIS TOUR|
* All prices in USD
- Arrival transfer Venice airport to hotel on day 01
- Accommodation in first class hotels
- Service charges and hotel taxes
- Luggage handling (1 pc per person)
- Buffet breakfast daily
- 1 lunch & 4 dinners (coffee or tea included)
- Touring by modern air-conditioned motor coach
- Professional English-Speaking Tour Director throughout
- Licensed Local Guides
- Entrance fees included where indicated in bold letters
- Complimentary whispers with sightseeing tours
- Departure transfer hotel to Rome airport on day 08
- Venice, a fabled city with palazzos, bridges, masks, churches, canals and gondolas
- Florence, birthplace of the Renaissance, The Santa Maria del Fiore, culture, art and monuments
- Assisi with the Basilica of St. Francis
- Rome, a magnificent eternal City with truly stunning architecture, the capital of Italy, fountains, churches, fashion and sublime food
- Venice: NH Santa Lucia (F) or similar
- Florence: Hotel Club (F) or similar
- Rome: Starhotels Metropole (F) or similar