Published on March 06, 2020 by IBMT
As a people, the Jewish diaspora has moved across the world and Jewish heritage tours to Israel are a must-do travel experience. But, the diaspora has settled in many countries and a Jewish heritage tour of Morocco or Jewish heritage tour to Portugal and Spain will introduce you to the communities that have existed for thousands of years in these countries. For the event travel experience of a lifetime, your only travel consultant to take to these exotic destinations is IBMT Tours. We have decades serving the travel industry and our Jewish heritage tours to the Middle East, Europe, and Africa are in high demand. It is because we have a network of fine accommodations, excellent restaurants, and guides who well versed in the local history of these countries. Learn about the history, discover the culture and re-affirm your faith in Judaism when you book your Jewish heritage vacation with us at IBMT Tours.
Jewish Heritage trips to the Isreal, Central Europe, Greece
- Jewish heritage tour to Israel - A Jewish heritage tour to Israel will have lots to do and see when you schedule your trip. Old Jerusalem, with the market and traditional way of life, will show you where you came from. A stop at Masada will demonstrate the struggle and resilience of the Jewish people. And Galilee is a stop on the road that Christ traveled when he was preaching to the converted. Most of all, your affirmation of faith should see you visit one of the many synagogues that date back hundreds if not thousands of years. The Holocaust Museum is a sobering stop along heritage road and a trip to the Dead Sea for a beach day is something Jews have done since the time of King David.
- Heritage tours to Vienna and Budapest - Heritage tours to Vienna and Budapest can be a great get-away for any Jew looking to explore the long and distinguished history of European Jewry. Many memorials, museums, and synagogues will delight the travel and demonstrate how intertwined the Jewish faith is in both cities.
- Jewish heritage tour to Spain - A Jewish heritage tour to Spain will see the visitor move around the beautiful country to see the sights and sounds of the culture and learn the history of the Jews in Spain. You can start in Girona where traditional Torah Study and the mystic Kabbalistic was practiced between 900-1200AD. During that period, Girona was known as ‘the Mother of Israel' and home to many Jewish scholars. When you travel to Cordoba, you must visit the last medieval synagogue in Spain. It is the place where Maimonides lived and wrote his great works. Another important stop for the heritage traveler is Casa de Sefarad and the House of Memories. They are learning centers devoted to the ancient history of the Jews in Spain and will be illuminating for the visitor. In Barcelona, a rare treat awaits the traveler, the Ancient Synagogue. It has stood since the 6th century and is by far the oldest monument to the Jewish faith in Spain.
- Jewish heritage tour to Portugal - A Jewish heritage tour to Portugal the traveler should take time to visit the Azores. Stop at the island of San Miguel, and visit the last standing synagogue there, the Shaar Hashomayim. In Belmonte, you can see a community that has over 500 years of history in the farming and winemaking in the community. In Faro, the famous printing center of Hebrew books was established in the 15th century. When Lisbon is visited, you should know it is the cultural and religious center of the Jewish faith. For over 500 years, Jews had to live as Conversos, as Judaism was outlawed in the 15th century. Cemeteries, synagogues, and kosher restaurants will be the highlight of your journey to Lisbon.
- Jewish heritage tour to Morocco - A Jewish heritage tour to Morocco will take you to some places that you never knew existed. Some of the highlights include a visit to the Temple Beth-El Synagogue, the Em Habanim, and Neve Chalom to sate your passion for a religious theme for a trip to Casablanca, Morocco. You can explore the Museum of Moroccan Judaism in Casablanca, and when it is time for services, you can attend the Shabbat services in Fes. Morocco has great Jewish cuisine with many kosher restaurants available for the traveler. There are plenty of attractions to see in Fes, Meknes, Seffrou, and Marrakech to quench your thirst for culture and history of the Jewish people in Morocco.
Making your travel plans with us at IBMT Tours will come with advantages that other travel consultants can’t offer. Our specialty is travel, for both heritage and fun vacations alike and we have been at the forefront of both since 1990. Our consultants know exactly what you want and how you want it and they deliver the best vacations you can take when making arrangements with us. Renew your faith and learn about the rich history that Jews have established worldwide when you book with IBMT Tours. To make arrangements for your travel experience, call out office at IBMT Tours today at 1.877.977.4268.