Published on March 07, 2020 by IBMT
Top destinations in Europe
Booking vacations come with details, many times it starts with where will you go and when. Another consideration is the price point, finding the right vacation to fit your budget can be a challenge. The travel business is cyclical and if you travel during peak times, you pay premium prices, that is a given, but you can plan your vacation in off-peak times and you can save money. A winter vacation in Europe can be just that kind of outstanding vacation. Think about, amazing tours to Spain or escorted tours to Italy or tours of Greece can be enjoyed in the months of November, December, January, and February for a fraction of the cost of summer vacation. At IBMT Tours, we can get you to the right place at the right time on a budget that will produce a vacation experience like no other. Our network of travel consultants throughout the Continent is extensive and we take all the worries and details out of the vacation you have been dreaming of.
European travel, its time
There are many dazzling destinations to visit in Europe in the winter and you can have the best of all worlds when you see the Continent in the winter. A great train transportation network will allow travelers to see many countries in a short amount of time covering little distance. That adds to the excitement of your vacation when you can take a quick day trip to European capital or world-class museum.
- If the winter and Christmas are part of what you had in mind for your winter holiday, Rovaniemi, Finland is the place for you to visit. The festive season is alight in Rovaniemi and you can visit Santa Claus’ residence – an Arctic Circle grotto that has been home to everybody’s favorite bearded man for eons. Finland will be cold so pack warm clothes and be ready to tour some great museums and experience local folklore in the country.
- When you have decided that Athens, Greece is a place where you want to spend your winter vacation, you will be pleased to know the hustle and bustle of travel will be at a much slower pace. In the winter you can see the Parthenon, the Acropolis and a whole host of other ancient shrines to civilization without fighting the crowds to a get a look at these stunning sites. What you should know about Greece is that the temperatures will be in line with fall temperatures in Canada – meaning the days will be comfortable for walking tours.
- For a different experience, Budapest, Hungary offers a unique winter vacation experience. One of the main activities for locals and visitors alike is trip to Varosligeti Mujegpalya – the famous park in Budapest that rivals New York City’s Central Park, for a quick spin on the ice with rental skates. After your skating trip, you can take to one of the many thermal baths for a quick warm-up. The baths have been ornately designed and offer a glimpse into the art that is prevalent in the country.
- Switching gears and temperatures, a trip to Andalusia, Spain, will offer a respite to the winter temperatures that you may be escaping. Some areas in Andalusia are further south than some African nations and that means hot, hot, hot providing trips to the beach to cool off. The accommodations across the region are inexpensive, so if pocketbook concerns are part of your vacation odyssey; Andalusia is the place to settle in for rest and relaxation. You can take in sights like Granada’s Alhambra or the great cathedral of Seville as part of your stay. Part of the allure of the region is the nightlife that pulsates and vibrates from the minute the sun goes down and doesn’t stop until the sun rises so revelers are warned!
- When you want to see Italy in the winter, there is no better place than Venice in February. Carnevale runs through the month and there are many activities to keep tourists occupied that are fun and can be a little quirky. The festival is like a giant costume party and people wear masks and costumes throughout the festival and there are many spectacles that take place during Carnevale. Dancing, singing, dramatic portrayals of famous events will entertain the tourist and you will be enthralled by what you see and experience. One thing though, Carnevale draws huge crowds, so be prepared for the epic event of a lifetime.
Amazing tours of Spain, escorted tours of Italy and tours of Greece are bucket list vacations and who better to assure your vacation experience is a great one than us at IBMT Tours. We have catered to travelers for over 30-years creating the kind of memories that are warmly remembered and happily recalled. Our travel consultants have a wealth of experience and know just what you need when you discuss your travel plans with us. To obtain a personal consultation to start building your vacation plan, call our office at IBMT Tours today at 1.877.977.4268, and start packing!